Current Projects under Nutrition programme
Project Title: Strengthening Community action for nutrition to improve child health, nutrition services and practices and reviving food diversity in the selected habitations of Junnar block of Pune district
Project Period: 1st July 2022 to 30th September 2022
Donor Agency: Finolex Industries Ltd & Mukul Madhav Foundation
Background: This project aims to address undernutrition through intervention specifically focused on synergy between systems strengthening approach as well as improved household nutrition practices based on food diversity and follow up of undernourished children approach while ensuring community involvement. In this project we have included systematic orientation about health & nutrition services; improvement in household nutrition practices; promotion and revival of food diversity; ensuring follow up and appropriate treatment of under six children in nearby health facilities by ASHA/Arogya-Poshan Saheli (village workers) with active involvement of mothers/caregivers of young children. Conducting community consultations for system strengthening is also an important strategy of this project. Which will help in addressing undernutrition among under six children.
- At the end of the pilot project, undernutrition among under six children will be reduced upto 10%.
- A child food corner (Bal Kopara) will be established in at least 25 households at the habitation level.
- By the end of the initial 3 month period, around 8 to 10 Nutri-Gardens to address food diversity would have been established.
- Awareness regarding Bharat Ratna Dr. APJ Abdul Kalam Amrut Aahar Yojana will be increased by up to 50% among pregnant and lactating mothers.
- Awareness regarding child health and nutrition services and food diversity will be generated.
- Village Nutrition Group formation process will be completed in all 10 habitations of the intervention area.
- Enhanced capacity development of 10 Arogya va Poshan Saheli (Field Facilitator) and block coordinator.
- Systematic documentation of around 5 success stories would be documented.