Objectives of internship
SATHI’S strategy is to contribute, as a team of pro-people health professionals, to the health movement and to foster various initiatives which promote health rights. Keeping this in mind, internship in SATHI would provide an opportunity and space to the students to learn various theoretical and practical aspects of health and health rights. SATHI desires to germinate it’s vision and values among the interns who wish to work on these issues.
- Students studying in recognized colleges, universities and academic institutions of higher learning in social sciences and medicine are eligible to work as interns in SATHI.
- SATHI can accommodate a maximum of two interns at a time from a single college/ university/institution.
- The internship period should at least be a month and the intern should be committed to work full time during this period
- The intern should be willing for fieldwork in tribal and rural areas. The intern might have to stay in these areas if required.
Documents to be submitted at the time of application
- An official letter from the college/ university/ institute about the intent of the internship programme, its duration and number of students who wish to join SATHI for their internship/ block placement.
- Resume/Curriculum Vitae of the students who wish to join SATHI for their internship/ block placement. Email address and telephone number of the student should be included in the Resume/ Curriculum Vitae.
Documents to be submitted at the time of joining for the internship
- Joining letter from the college/ university/ institution along with detailed CV
- Any feedback/ assessment form of the institute to be filled in at SATHI at the end of the internship/ block placement
After receiving the written communication (e-mail or mail) from the college/ university/ institute, the SATHI internship coordinator will forward the letter and resume/ curriculum vitae to the Working Group (WG). WG is a decision taking body of SATHI organisation. The WG will take final decision regarding selection of interns considering the time availability for mentoring the interns and availability of work for interns. The decision will be conveyed to the internship co-ordinator who will eventually convey it to the concerned college/ university/ institute.
If required, a short interview of interns will be conducted before selecting them for placement in SATHI to assess the capacity of the interns to work with SATHI. The interview panel will be decided by the WG.